Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm new at this!

Well, where to start.  I'm not sure how to do this blog thing but my younger sister thought it would be a good idea to share my ideas about kids, running an efficient house, saving money and lots of other little things that I didn't really think anyone would want me to share.  So I guess I will try this out and see if anyone pays attention!!  With one warning to readers:  I have been know to get a bit worked up, so if you don't want it given to you straight, then stop reading!!!  If I feel the need to cuss to express myself I will use *^#+ to not offend!  Just please be warned. 

I don't want to say I am cheap but frugal and efficient.  In this economy saving money is key.  Do my kids and family have everything they need?  Yes.  Do they have everything they want?  Absolutely not.  Kids do not need half of what they have, my kids included.  Parents should NOT feel guilty about their teenager not having the latest iphone or their toddler not having those high dollar clothes.  Be real!  The toddler has no idea what brand her clothes are and the teenager will learn to appreciate what they have and learn that they have to work very hard for things.   My teenager hasn't had a cell phone for 6 months now.  He abused the privilege so guess what, no privilege.  Did he hate me for it??  Probably.  Did he get over it?  Yes.  Would I let him yell at me and tell me it's not fair and blah blah blah like I see other teenagers do to their parents, mostly mothers, in public.  No way!!!  You are the parents!  Act like it!  Okay, I got that out.   I'm just saying there is a huge difference between needs and wants.  Don't feel guilty for not meeting all your kids wants.  Do I want those $100 boots?  Of course!!  Do I need them?  No.  Do I settle for the $20 boots?  Absolutely.  Same concept with kids. 

Well, I feel like this was mostly rambling.  Hopefully, I get the hang of this blog thing.  Before I complete my first blog I have 2 ways I saved money this holiday season I would like to share.  If you have car payment, MOST banks and loan institutions will allow you to defer 1 payment every 12 months.  So, you can go to your bank and fill out a form for the deferrm ent.  You then have your car payment to spend of holiday gifts with no penalty on your loan.  Another great idea I had for my toddler was at NickJr.com.  My toddler has just started to color, with Crayola Washable Crayons ( a life saver!!), and loves all the characters on NickJr.  So, I was going to get her all these  different coloring books for xmas.  At NickJr.com they have a printable pages portion where you can print of pages for your kids to color.  They have a huge selection.  I printed off enough to make my own coloring book.  Print them off, hole punch them and put them in a 25 cent folder!!!  There's your coloring book!!! 

Well, thank for reading.  Hope I didn't bore you and I will try to keep shorter next time.  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment