Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Season

Hello everyone.  I've been busy with Thanksgiving, holiday shopping and decorating!  How exhausting.  Decorating takes a lot of time but worth it in the end.  If your not the decorating type and you would like to do something you could replace your porch light with a red or green party bulb for the holiday season.  Just a little something if you don't want to do a lot!  I only have 1 gift left and my stocking stuffers and I'm done shopping this year.  Once again, don't feel guilty about not spending a lot of money on your kids, sister, brother, husband or whoever.  Gifts are not what the holiday season is about.  A good substitute that I've done in the past is baking cookies and other items and give to friends.   That's all I'm gonna say about that! 
 Let me see, I was talking about decorating.  I save money on decorating by shopping the day after Christmas.  My sisters and I get up and head to the department stores the day after Christmas.  Everything is at least 50% off.  I get  ALL my wrapping stuff, garland, lights, cards, gift tags and whatever else I need that day.  I even buy tape then, it's 50% off too!!  I haven't had to buy decorations in several years because I already have everything when the season rolls around.  Some people don't like the crowds but it really is worth it when you save all that money.  Something I am trying this holiday season is to not feel rushed.  I always feel like I have to hurry and finish what I'm doing to get to the next thing on my list.  I'm trying to change my mind set and take more enjoyment in things and not worry about if I'm out shoppping with someone that I need to get home and dust my house!!!  Life goes by so fast.  I may be thinking this way because my son is turning 18 tomorrow and just yesterday I was rocking him and reading him a book!    Well, I think I will sign off for now.  I think next time I'll talk about time saving meals.  Make the crock pot your new best friend!!!  Take care and don't get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the season.  Enjoy your family and friends.  Take care and again thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment