Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Season Part 2

I'm not a real sentimental type person but the older I get the more I am leaning that direction!  I discovered something tonight.  I was doing some baking and I put in a  Christmas CD of one of the LP's my parents used to play this time of year.  As I was baking and singing along to every single song that played I realized how absolutely calm and happy I felt.  It just took me back to the security I felt as a child.  I think back to me just being in the house and Mom and Dad doing whatever they were doing whether that was actually decorating for the Holiday Season or Dad just sitting in his chair listening to the music that was playing.  Makes me really appreciate the calm I had as a child.  Some kids home life is an absolute roller coaster ride and a scary one at that!  I am one of the lucky ones to have had a wonderful childhood.  I am also lucky enough to still have both my parents and I know there are those of you reading who do not have that blessing and I'm sure you miss and love the ones you've lost.  To make you feel closer to them and maybe bring back some very happy memories, ( not that you don't already have lots of happy memories!) get a copy of the music you remember hearing this time of year even if it's not the type of music you particularly like now.  The two main cds I remember are Elvis and Brenda Lee Christmas albums.  Just let yourself take in the music as you go on about your business.  I bet a few songs into it you will feel a calm come over you.  I was amazed at the feeling I was having.  Some people have comfort food I guess I have comfort music!  Okay, I'm done rambling for tonight.  I'm off to put the little one to bed, put my music back on and wrap some presents.  Take care and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment